A day at Rebound includes:
- Typical Day
- Academic support: one-on-one tutoring provided by program volunteers, coordination with teachers for assignments, and connection with school staff to provide support when returning to school.
- Individual and group counseling: strengths assessment, goal-setting, life and career/vocational planning, individual assessment, psycho-educational skill-building groups, short-term therapy (as needed), conflict resolution and peer mediation, leadership development and assertive communication, crisis intervention and safety planning (as needed).
- Connection with community agencies: referrals to mental health or substance abuse treatment, literacy support, vocational or youth employment programs, pregnancy and STD/HIV services, conflict resolution, gang awareness, anger management, etc.
- Healthy living models and support: nutritious meals provided daily, opportunities for fun and recreational exercise such as group games, runs, or hikes and a rotation of informational programs devoted to healthy living including sexual health, nutrition, exercise, meditation, the mind-body connection, or other health-related topics.
- Re-connection and re-engagement with schools and parents: student-led “Wrap up meetings,” attended by a parent/guardian or surrogate parent and a representative from the school, and follow-up visits by Rebound staff, as needed.